NOTE: Garden Grand Opening is now Saturday, June 4th from 10a.m. till 12 noon. Click here to learn more!
Stober Community Garden
Plots are built, fence will be built soon and we are ready to garden this year! Sign up for your plot now!
Putting nature into our students’ hands and investing in our neighborhood + community.
There has never been a better time to help our children get outside or to have a way for neighbors to connect. This garden will be the hallmark of our neighborhood and our school.
Together, Applewood, we can do this!!
Ways We Need You
Here’s how we need your support to get the garden up and running:
- Get a plot now! There are 24 plots available for community members. Gardening starts spring 2022!
- Volunteer with us! We are currently looking for help with organizing events and workdays, email/communications support, and with our fall donor event.
- Donate to get a brick in our garden!
- Shop at our new Stober Garden Store! By shopping here, you’re supporting our garden and our new outdoor classroom.
- Let’s make sure the garden’s first year is a success! Would you like to volunteer and/or be on the leadership team? We would love to have you join us and be involved behind the scenes!
- Spread the word!
Schools are where communities are centered,
where the future is grown,
and where we all learn.
What the garden will do for our neighborhood
Provide a beautiful space where students will get to spend time outdoors getting fresh air and learning to garden!
Help students dig their hands and minds into their lessons about health, geology, nourishment, weather, and more!
Bring neighbors together in a safe, nourishing community space.
Stober Community Garden in Numbers
homes in our Stober Elementary community
students each year stepping foot in the garden
garden beds that are lovingly tended
opportunities for learning about the earth, improving our nutrition, and connecting with community.
What our community is saying:
“Expose kids to hands-on science, get them outside and teach them where food comes from!“
Stober Parent, Member of Stober PTA,
“[It’s] for folks of all ages to be outdoors, get their hands in the soil, and connect”
Neighbors of Stober Elementary
“We can promote lifelong curiosity in our youth”
1st Grade Teacher